The fellowship hall of this church suffered damage from an electrical fire which started in the kitchen and ended up affecting much of the fellowship area. Soot and water were also a big factor. SERVPRO of Monroeville/Evergreen/Brewton went in and had to move out contents to be cleaned including furniture. We know that commercial and residential fires create a tough time for everyone involved. SERVPRO of Monroeville/Evergreen/Brewton employees understand all your concerns and we are here to answer your questions to the best of our ability.
The American Red Cross has some tips to help prepare for fires:
Install the right number of smoke alarms. Test them once a month and replace the batteries at least once a year.
Teach children what smoke alarms sound like and what to do when they hear one.
Ensure that everyone knows two ways to escape from every room of your home or business and know the meeting spot outside of your home or business.
Establish an emergency communications plan and ensure that everyone knows who to contact if they cannot find one another.
Practice escaping from your home or business at least twice a year. Press the smoke alarm test button or yell “Fire“ to alert everyone that they must get out.
Make sure everyone knows how to call 9-1-1.
Teach everyone to STOP, DROP and ROLL if their clothes should catch on fire.