This home had a stove fire causing damage to the stove, counter tops, and cabinets above the stove. While the fire itself was contained in the kitchen, it caused the entire house to be affected by smoke and soot.
Cleaning included: Moderate structure cleaning throughout the home as well as content cleaning at our SERVPRO warehouse. We cleaned all carpet, the HVAC system, rugs, and laundry as well.
What To Do After A Fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.