Smoke Detectors Can Save Lives
Fire spreads fast once it is started so SERVPRO of Monroeville/Evergreen/Brewton wants to remind you that smoke detectors (smoke alarms) can help save lives in your Cottage Hill home.
An alarm alerts you that danger is present giving you time to get out.
SERVPRO of Monroeville/Evergreen/Brewton wants you to remember:
- Closed doors can slow the spread of smoke, heat, and fire. That is good for reducing smoke damage and fire damage. That is also why you should have a smoke alarm in every sleeping room in the home
- Install smoke alarms on every level of the home
- Large homes might need extra smoke alarms
- Some companies make alarms that are interconnected. When one sounds, they all sound
- Do not turn off smoke detectors when cooking
- Test the smoke alarms at least once a month. There is a test button on the alarm
- When the alarm sounds, get everyone outside and stay outside
- Replace all smoke alarms every 10 years
If your home is not properly protected by a smoke detector, please install one. If you experience a fire, immediately vacate the home and then contact your fire department once you are outside the home.
Call SERVPRO of Monroeville/Evergreen/Brewton at 251-809-1260 for all your fire restoration needs!